Manitou Springs FAQ
- The Manitou and Pikes Peak Cog Railway will take you to the top of Pikes Peak elevation 14,115 feet.
- At the Cave of the Winds, you will descend into the colorful depths of Colorado.
- Miramont Castle and the Cliff Dwellings Museum will take you back in time.
- The Iron Springs Chateau Melodrama will tickle your funny bone and delight your senses.
- The Garden of the Gods Park & The Garden of the Gods Visitors & Nature Center and will lift your spirit.
- Visit the Garden of the Gods Trading Post for the largest gift shop and gallery at the south edge of the park.
- The Ghost Town Museum and the Manitou Springs Heritage Center will bring you back 100 years to an 1800″s old west town.
- The North Pole & Santa’s Workshop, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Seven Falls, Dinosaur Resource Center, Colorado Wolf & Wildlife Center and the Air Force Academy, are all a short drive away.
This community also has an indoor pool, eclectic arcade and historic spa building.
For more information, please visit the Manitou Springs school district website: http://www.mssd14.org
Trash Bestway Disposal is the current provider for trash and recycling. Currently, Manitou has a single hauler trash program.
Electricity/Gas Colorado Springs Utilities provides electricity and gas .
Guidelines regarding exterior remodeling may vary according to your location within Manitou Springs. Please visit the Planning Department’s website to learn more about design guidelines, download forms and submittal instructions, and easily obtain other information that you might need in preparing your application.
- Downtown Colorado Springs: 6 miles
- Denver: 74 miles
- Woodland Park: 14 miles
- Cripple Creek: 39 miles
- Canon City: 52 miles
- Cascade: 5 miles
- Colorado Springs Airport: 17 miles
- Denver Airport: 90 miles
Metro Bus – From the metro bus terminal, located in downtown Colorado Springs, you need bus #3 to Manitou (please note, this does NOT run on Sunday). This is the only bus which will take you all the way to Manitou Springs. The stops are located every few blocks along Colorado and Manitou Avenues, look for the purple colored “Metro” signs. Get off the bus at the corner of Manitou Ave./Ruxton Ave.
Taxi – There are two taxi cab companies servicing the area:
- Spring Cab – 719-444-8989
- Yellow Cab – 719-550-9300
Winter (Dec. 22 – March 20) Average snowfall: 5 inches per month. Average high temperatures: 44-50 degrees
Spring (March 21 – June 21) March can be the snowiest month with a 9.9 inch average, followed by April with 6.7 inches. Average high temperatures: March – 49 degrees, April – 60 degrees, May – 65 degrees, June – 70 degrees.
Summer (June 22 – September 23) Warm mornings with afternoon rain showers. Average high temperatures: July – 85 degrees, August – 82 degrees, September – 70 degrees.
Fall (September 24 – December 21) Warm days, cool and crisp evenings. Average snowfall 5.4 inches in November. Average high temperatures – 44-66 degrees.