- The Manitou and Pikes Peak Cog Railway will take you to the top of Pikes Peak elevation 14,115 feet.
- At the Cave of the Winds, you will descend into the colorful depths of Colorado.
- Miramont Castle and the Cliff Dwellings Museum will take you back in time.
- The Iron Springs Chateau Melodrama will tickle your funny bone and delight your senses.
- The Garden of the Gods Park and the Garden of the Gods Visitors & Nature Center will lift your spirit.
- Visit the Garden of the Gods Trading Post for the largest gift shop and gallery at the south edge of the park.
- The Ghost Town Museum and the Manitou Springs Heritage Center will bring you back 100 years to an old west town of the 1800s.
- The North Pole & Santa’s Workshop, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Seven Falls, Dinosaur Resource Center, Colorado Wolf & Wildlife Center and the Air Force Academy, are all a short drive away.
Water is provided by a private water wells. Sewage is handled by private septic systems.
The community supplies a dumpster/compactor for all residents.
Colorado Springs Utilities provides electricity and gas.
Ferrell Gas, AmeriGas and Glaser Gas are just a few companies that supply propane to residents.
Century Link provides residential phone service.
Hughesnet and Skybeam are the two suppliers of internet service.
DirecTV and Dish Network provide residential television service.
- Downtown Colorado Springs: 12 miles
- Denver: 77 miles
- Woodland Park: 21 miles
- Cripple Creek: 47 miles
- Canon City: 58 miles
- Cascade: 13 miles
- Colorado Springs Airport: 23 miles
- Denver Airport: 95 miles
Metro Bus – From the metro bus terminal, located in downtown Colorado Springs, you need bus #3 to Manitou (does NOT run on Sunday). This is the only bus which will take you all the way to Manitou Springs. The stops are located every few blocks along Colorado and Manitou Avenues, look for the purple colored “Metro” signs. Get off the bus at the corner of Manitou Ave./Ruxton Ave.
Taxi – There are two taxi cab companies servicing the area:
- Spring Cab – 719-444-8989
- Yellow Cab – 719-550-9300
Winter (Dec. 22 – March 20) Average snowfall: 7 inches per month. Average high temperatures: 35-45 degrees
Spring (March 21 – June 21) March can be the snowiest month with a 12 inch average, followed by April with 10 inches. Average high temperatures: March – 41 degrees, April – 52 degrees, May – 55 degrees, June – 70 degrees.
Summer (June 22 – September 23) Warm mornings with afternoon rain showers. Average high temperatures: July – 80 degrees, August – 80 degrees, September – 70 degrees.
Fall (September 24 – December 21) Warm days, cool and crisp evenings. Average snowfall 7 inches in November. Average high temperatures – 40-60 degrees.